Offsite Records Storage
When you run out of storage space in your department, it's time to box up impermanent, inactive (non-current) hard copy records and send them to offsite storage. (For documents that may have historical value, please contact Archives.)
Order storage boxes from Staples. Only standard one cubic foot size (10" x 12" x 15") will be accepted. Affix the barcode label on the front of the box as shown in the picture - about halfway between the lower lip of the box lid and the bottom of the box.
Order your barcode labels from the Office of Records and Information Management. These labels are provided by the offsite storage vendor and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Order supplies - boxes and barcode labels.
- Organize and arrange records in boxes, grouping by same destruction dates.
- Submit Service Request to have new boxes picked up.
- Complete Transmittal Form, following instructions included in the file.
- Attach to file to confirmation email and send as Reply
A complete set of instructions is provided on the Transmittal Form. Column headings contain notes that provide brief instructions, such as minimum and maximum character lengths for Major and Minor Description fields.
Please request a new copy of the latest Transmittal Form from firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep a copy of your final completed Transmittal for your reference in retrieving boxes from storage.